Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Business Reply Mail

I don't know about you, but I open ALL my mail, even the stuff I know is junk, because you never know what kind of hidden treasures are lurking inside. I have stacks and stacks of fake credit cards just waiting for an artistic inspiration that will make them into something wonderful. I rarely have to print out return address stickers because I get them free, and I never have to buy a new calendar. My refrigerator is covered in meaningless magnets that are sent to me by credit card companies and realtors, should I ever get the urge to list my house. Having read about my neighborhood, you can probably understand why I wouldn't want to leave. I love a good mystery. Then there is the ubiquitous Business Reply Envelope. They come in everything. I figured there must be some use for these, too, so I did some funny little collages with them, added a little gesso, and used them for drawing backgrounds. This is one I did this evening called Take. I'll do it's counterpart, Give, maybe tomorrow. Recycling is a good thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur recycling is good, one can be quite creative (as you constantly are) with used goods/paper etc. This is opinion is final and no correspondence will be enetered into.

Francesca said...

Wonderful, I must start paying closer attention to my junk mail!

milanrubio said...

I understand you, and do the same thing...open all!
Thanks for your visit.
Nice blog, sure I'll come back.

Levi said...

your work on this blog is fantasic! I've always hated my junk-mail, but I guess I should rethink all that...