Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bad Dreams and Complaints

Well, today is my second day of tax prep hell, so I thought that featuring something like Bad Dreams and Complaints would be only too appropriate. This is a collage I did awhile back. The heads are drawn, but the rest is collaged from old magazine ads mostly from Playboy and True, back when they had lots of cigarette and liquor ads along with 8 tracks and reel to reels. Anyway, I hope you'll find it amusing. It reminds me of the parents of my friends growing up, whose houses always smelled like ash trays, and nobody thought to care. And shag carpet. We all had shag carpet.

4 comments:

katat0nik said...

I was never interested in collages until I saw yours - you are so awesome! I love the colors, the images, and those black & white faces. Wonderfully put together.

Matthew Cruickshank said...

Yes , nice collage!

Anonymous said...

This is quite humourous...while the ads might be different consumerism seems to have snowballed even more.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

Sal said...

I really like these, yes they remind me of my childhood, but also the work of British pop artist Richartd Hamilton (don't know if you know him over the big wide ocean) whose work is to me a moajoy inspiration.

I understand tax hell - my stressed out husband is with you as I type fortunately(?) the tax office has written me off for now because I never make enough money to file...