Friday, August 24, 2007

Illustration Friday: Visitors

I pretty much hate visitors. Not ones I know are coming and plan for, but the drop-in-anytime kind. I don't drop in on others without asking. I wish the Jehovah's Witnesses could take the hint. Not that I mind them coming by, only that I wish they's make an appointment.

Years and years ago, I moved to the beach in NC. a lovely place to visit. I had lived far away for a long time, so I just knew all my family and siblings would just love to come and visit.

Or not.

Now I live in the Arizona desert where it is 115 F every day, and no one visits me. And, at this point in my life, I guess that's good. The drawing is of my longsuffering husband, with a visitor of sorts. He didn't like this drawing very much. It's available on eBay right now. You can also read about how I did it on ottosartsupplyreview.blogspot.com.

PS to my siblings who read regularly and never comment, I know you're there. *

11 comments:

Judy Scott said...

wow an amazing drawing ~ dont like your visitor though!!

stuffed said...

Wonderful! And I have recurring spider nightmares. :0)

I also strongly dislike drop-ins. Ugh.

carla said...

I have to say that this would be among my least favorite visitors... ugh!!! Your DH is truly long suffering; the things you put him through on papaer! Exquisite work!

imwithsully said...

I am the same way. I drives my husband crazy. He likes drop-inners. I dislike it when people stop by since I am usually not prepared to entertain. I have to psych myself up to get into the mood for a visitor. Scary drawing. I would scream if this happened.

claudine hellmuth said...

oh i hate spiders! this gave me chills! great rendering!

Detlef said...

I have to say that this one amused me - then again I'm warped. Your husband looks like a sound sleeper.

the heartful blogger said...

This is so good it's creeping me out.

Forever Young said...

thanx so much for your comment about my drawing. coming from you that is indeed a compliment, as your work is amazing. i also dislike 'drop-ins'.

Elizabeth Parsons said...

eewwwwweeeeee!!!!
great drawing- creeps me out!
eBeth

studio lolo said...

Even if my best friend comes by without calling first it irks me. I think it's because I want the house to look better or something. You know, more picked up. Clean even. Well, that just isn't going to happen without a week's notice!
Excellent drawing. Did you read the current story on MSN about the guy who gave his tarantula to the SPCA because it kept attacking him? Nice.

ValGalArt said...

Incredible! I love this!!! I dislike it highly when people drop in! I think everybody who knows me knows better...