Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Illustration Friday: Total

I am on a diet. While this is not really news, as I am perpetually on a diet, I am trying to take this one very seriously. Since my surgery, the list of what I can't eat is almost larger than the list of what I can eat. No popcorn, nuts, seeds, berries, etc. Because I am supposed to take in some phenomenal amount of fiber daily, you might guess that my diet has become mostly vegetables. That's OK, as I like veggies, but the amount I need to eat to get the requisite daily fiber count is making me totally crazy. When my husband came in and found me drawing tortured turnips and onions, he backed slowly out of the room. I guess I can't blame him.
I have a tendency to exaggerate. *

11 comments:

neilornstein said...

a very 1950's sputnik look has been achieved. excuse me while I get under the desk, it is now time to duck and cover.

Anonymous said...

I was reminded of Hieronymus Bosch when I first saw these rather punkish vegetables. They have some attitude, and are obviously pain averse. I suppose when you ingest them the adornments add iron to the diet. Bravo vego!!!

Unknown said...

great. reminds me of
http://eliahu.squarespace.com/picture/2006?pictureId=310147

Willie Baronet said...

some days i feel just like that onion. nice work!

Michele Melcher Illustration said...

our mother used to make us eat mashed turnips when we were kids. Yuck! Nice illustration though!

studio lolo said...

Hilarious! I love the comment about your husband backing out of the room slowly. My husband thinks I've gone 'round the bend long ago :^D Excellent illo!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

I love this drawing! Beautiful and unexpected! I think artichokes are very high in fiber...

pangolin said...

i think maybe turnips deserve a little torture every now and again...

valerie walsh said...

fantastic!!!

Ellen Byrne said...

Great story and beautiful illustration!

Janice Ykema said...

it works..and your spacing adds to the surreal feel. When Im on a diet.... Id like to nail some food too, Totally! (to the wall, out of my site, out the back)