Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Illustration Friday: Pretend

I am back to drawing Library People. This is #112 in the series. It is a graphite drawing on the inside of a discarded library book. Since my husband is between jobs, like so many other Americans, it seemed like a good time to go back to these, as they usually sell. I'm not going to pretend this will get us through the current hard economical times, but we'll all do what we can.

We are trying to sell our house here in Phoenix so we can move back to North Carolina, buy a farm, and do more recycled art. Anyone looking for a nice home in Phoenix? Have I got a bargain for you.

Our family has decided to all paint rocks this year for Christmas presents, since we're trying to save for the aforementioned move. There are a lot of rocks in Arizona, so you can pick them up just about anywhere, and they're free, which is a big selling point, since even discarded library books cost money. It will certainly make for an interesting holiday.

Or not.

9 comments:

neilornstein said...

I have just bid on this fine fellow. Whether I am the winner remains to be seen.
Regards, Neil

Anonymous said...

absolutely fantastic!

INDIGENE said...

I love your graphite images! Beautiful details and character.

http://indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Bill Nagel said...

wow, great stuff. May I ask who the library people are? They all seem so sad and "discarded".

neilornstein said...

Sorry I missed it. I will try again on another.

red-handed said...

This is a nice drawing, lovely and subtle. Good luck with your move,

Michael G. O’Connell said...

amazing image…

Tessa said...

Believe me when I say that the Library People are even more exceptional in person. I have two of Ottoblotto's beautifully drawn LPeeps - a rare treasure.

日月神教-任我行 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.